Terms and Conditions for Layby with RJ Jewellery… in line with the Fair Trading Act NZ
Your written submission of the order (cart or offline order form) is your agreement to enter a layby contract with RJ Jewellery. This written submission is confirmed to you via copy of the order in your email.
If completing the order on the website, I ask that you set up an account. NONE of this information will be used outside of your order and only available to you and me.
This order will give:
- a clear description of the goods
- the total price payable
- the date that the layby is entered into – this is the date you submitted the form online.
You will be asked to view and accept these conditions, as part of accepting this, you agree to the following:
- RJ Jewellery is the seller, my name is Miranda and I am the sole owner, my phone number is 0211298509, my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and I can also be contacted via the contact page on the website.
- You may cancel this agreement at any stage up until the payment is made in full and your order is starting to be made.
- There will only be a $5 cancellation fee if the order is cancelled prior to the order being paid in full. However if your order is paid in full and the item is being made, you will be charged the material cost of items secured and a $5 fee.
- Payments can be made via internet banking to ASB: 12-3629-0109218-00 M Whitwell (Raspberry Jelly). Payments must be made at least monthly until the order is completed in full. I am flexible to payment amounts, please just discuss this with me.
- Your order will not be started to be made until the order is paid in full.
- If you do not meet the terms of the agreement, the order may be cancelled and you may be asked to provide your bank account for the balance to be refunded. However, no-one has done this before and I doubt this will happen. All I ask is you ‘keep in touch’ please.
During the layby
You may request a written statement of the layby account at any time. This is provided free of charge within five working days of receiving the request. If you have done this layby through the website and made an account, your payments information is available immediately via the account page under customer notes. Subtract this total from your initial balance and that is your payments remaining.
Can the layby agreement be cancelled?
Yes. Both parties have the right to cancel the layby. Different rules apply depending on whether it is the consumer or the seller that is cancelling.
You can cancel a layby at any time, for any reason, before you take possession of the goods
A consumer has no right to cancel a contract if they have taken possession of the goods.
If you want to cancel an agreement you must do so in a way that makes it clear to the RJ Jewellery that you want to cancel the agreement. We recommend that this should be done in writing via email to email@example.com
RJ Jewellery can cancel the layby only if any of these things happen:
- the customer has breached an important term of the layby agreement (eg not paying a figure monthly)
- due to circumstances beyond the seller’s control, the goods are no longer available and there is no satisfactory substitute
- the seller has ceased trading.
If a layby sales agreement is cancelled, RJ Jewellery will refund all the money the consumer has paid under the agreement, less any cancellation fee payable.
If you have any questions, please contact me.